TECsmith, Inc is a confined space certified, environmental services company that specializes in water and wastewater monitoring and sampling. Established in 1996, we annually manage more than 200 flow meters for engineering studies, municipal billing, and industrial compliance.
Marc Smith is the founder and President of TECsmith, Inc. He has been involved in sanitary and storm sewer flow monitoring projects since 1976. With over 40-years of flow monitoring experience, Marc is considered an expert in open channel flow measurement and is directly involved in managing all flow monitoring projects within TECsmith. TECsmith has been directly involved in the development of the American Sigma flow meters and have extensive experience with all major manufacturer flow meters including Isco, Marsh – McBirney, Badger, and others.
TECsmith also has experience in providing flow meter services for engineering studies including: Inflow / Infiltration Studies (I / I), Sewer System Evaluation Surveys (SSES), and Storm and Sanitary Sewer Overflow Studies (SSO and CSO).
TECSMITH has been involved in projects using advanced communication technology, such as:
- Flow meters equipped with wireless modems linked through Internet / Pager system to alarm WWTF personnel of active CSOs.
- Flow meters equipped with wireless modems linked to PC programmed for daily data download, high flow alarm, and current status check.
- Flow meters connected to WWTF SCADA systems. (A SCADA system is an assemblage of computer and communications equipment designed to work together for the purpose of controlling a commercial process)
- Flow meters with dial up modems (older but still effective technology and a must have in certain regions of poor wireless service).
- Assisted American Sigma engineers with design and development of flow meter models: 910, 920, 930, and 950.
- Field tested all American Sigma flow meter models during development stages.
- Trained American Sigma technical support personnel in troubleshooting and field applications.